Experimental Film | 39 Minutes | HD | Sibiria/ Russia | 2019.
German & Russian w/ English subtitles.
Omul Film™ presents a Sibirian Eastern by and with Evy Schubert and Werner Eng.
In the Eastern „No Ghosts He Called,“ someone goes to Siberia for a necromancy. However, the incantation is not quite according to plan, evidently he has called the wrong spirit and so a lot of strange events unfold until even the director appears in the film itself. The question of whether the actor, the character or the whole movie itself has been enchanted thereby triggers further, curious associations.
CAST Werner Eng and Evy Schubert SPECIAL APPEARANCE Margarita Breitkreiz, Viktor Illieff & Nadeshda Kalshnikova WRITTEN, DIRECTED, PHOTOGRAPHED & PRODUCED BY Evy Schubert EDITED BY Evy Schubert & Laia Prat MUSIC Micha Kaplan SOUND DESIGN Dirk Mielenhausen COLOUR CORRECTION André Froelian / Fairgrade
Get the Essay Picture Book to the film here!
Radio Interview: HERE, starting at 07:18min.
Produced by Omul Film™ | Financed by Goethe-Institut Nowosibirsk, Russia | In Co-Production with the International Kansk Film Festival, Russia | Distributed by Aug&Ohr
– 5th Diametrale Film Festival, Innsbruck, Austria
– 7th Vkratze – Fest, Days of German and Russian Short Films, Volgograd Russia
– 18th International Kansk Film Festival, Special Programm, Russia
– 5th Filmfest Bremen, Official Selection, Germany | Nominated for the Prize of Innovation as well as nomination for the Prize of Humor/ Satire
– 2nd Undo Divergent Film Awards, Official Selection, Boston, USA | Nominated for the Best Dark Comedy Feature
– 5th Chhatrapati Shivaji International Film Festival, Official Selection, Pune, India.
– 3rd Chambal International Film Festival, Chambal, India.
Copyright by Evy Schubert, Berlin, 2020. Alle Rechte vorbehalten. Der Inhalt dieser Website unterliegt dem Schutz des Urheberrechts und anderer Schutzgesetze. Der Inhalt darf nicht zu kommerziellen Zwecken kopiert, verbreitet, verändert oder Dritten zugänglich gemacht werden.